Make this ahead of time for the perfect summer side dish!
Are you looking for a tasty, filling, and budget-friendly salad to enjoy as the temperatures warm up? Try this colorful macaroni salad submitted by member, Earl Krantz, Sebring, Florida.
“I like to create different kinds of ways to put different kinds of foods together. This is a unique spin on a macaroni salad, but it turns out tasting good,” says Earl. Enjoy!
Sweet Macaroni Salad
• 1 quart cooked elbow macaroni
• 1 cup golden raisins
• 1 cup dried cranberries
• ½ cup chopped sweet onion
• ½ cup chopped cucumber
• ½ cup chopped green pepper
• ½ cup chopped yellow pepper
• ½ cup chopped red pepper
• ½ cup chopped orange pepper
• 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Diced hard-boiled eggs
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add macaroni and cook according to package directions; drain, rinse under cold water, and drain again.
2. Combine the mayonnaise, sweet onion, cucumber, and peppers in a large bowl. Add the golden raisins and cranberries. Stir mayonnaise mixture into the macaroni. Cover bowl and refrigerate for two hours. Serve cold.
If you have a family recipe you’d like to share with us, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.